In my last post about how to get strong and healthy vegan nails I promised I would also share my best tips on how to create a great manicure, and also share some of my favorite vegan nail polish brands. I really recommend that you read my previous post first to understand the basics.
Painting your vegan nails
In this section I will take you through how I do when I paint my nails, step by step.
- Start with cleaning your nails completely from any old nail polish. Also press down your cuticles to make your nails look cared for. If you´re going to apply nail polish within an hour, do not use any moisturizer. If your nails are too smooth when applying the polish, it wont stick.
- Start with applying nail strengthener. This will be dry within minutes, and if your nails are mis-colored you could apply an extra layer of base coat to really protect your nails.
- Apply at least two layers of nail polish – let the first layer dry before applying the second one. Keep the layers quite thin, in that way they´ll dry much faster.
- Always finish of with a top coat. This will make your manicure last longer, and makes it more shiny, too.
Creating something more artsy for your nails can be tricky and does take a bit more time. But there are som easy ways to play around with your nail polish without complicating it too much. Here are my best tips:
- Paint one or two nails in a different color
- Use a glitter nail polish to paint your tips
- Paint a glitter nail polish over another color
- Paint only half of your nail(s), by hand or if you buy some nail art stickers
Vegan nail polish
There are loads of great vegan nail polish brands on the market. These are some of my favorites:
I hope this was helpful!
How about you – do you have any ultimate vegan nail tips to share? Please do so in the comments, I´d love to hear from you!